FRAMINGHAM, MA – October 15, 2020 – Definitive Healthcare, the leading provider of data, intelligence, and analytics on the healthcare provider market, today announced that it has been ranked the #7 Best Place to Work in Massachusetts, in the category of “large” companies, by the Boston Business Journal. The publication recognized Definitive Healthcare and other winners during a virtual awards ceremony on September 30, 2020. This is the fourth year in a row the company was recognized as one of the best places to work in the state – ranked 1st in 2019, 5th in 2018, and 4th in 2017.
Best Places to Work is the BBJ’s exclusive ranking of the Massachusetts companies that have built outstanding work environments for their people. Employees were asked to rate their work environment, work-life balance, job satisfaction, advancement opportunities, management, compensation, and benefits.
“Earning this recognition for the fourth year in a row is absolutely incredible,” said Jason Krantz, founder and CEO of Definitive Healthcare. “We have grown from 120 employees in 2017 to over 470 employees today, and our ongoing Best Places to Work placement indicates that – even as we continue this rapid growth – we are still retaining our tight-knit company culture. Continually earning placement on this list, and others like it, is a real tribute to what our employees have created here: an extraordinarily successful company with a fantastic culture focused on the people that we know are at its heart.”
Definitive Healthcare’s award-winning company culture is driven by its highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative employees – and by its approachable and team-first leadership. Definitive operates on the premise of encouraging a strong work-life balance and ongoing commitment to the greater community, and by cultivating a fun, high-energy environment. Definitive’s ongoing growth puts employees front and center in a fast-moving organization with no shortage of opportunities. Everyone shares in the success of the organization, with high performers rewarded with advancement as the company continues to grow.
Most crucial to the company culture: employees are fully dedicated to making a difference and having a direct impact on the communities they serve. The company invests heavily in its community service outreach program called DefinitiveCares, which encourages employees to work with their choice of over 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives, and more. Definitive Healthcare not only gives its employees time off to volunteer, it also rewards employee participation with additional vacation days. For the past three years, there has been 100% participation across the company. During the COVID-19 crisis, more than 110 Definitive Healthcare employees stepped up to donate $306,000 supporting social justice & COVID-19 charities.
Other core elements of Definitive Healthcare’s award-winning culture include:
- Company Clubs & Affinity Groups: With women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, black, Indigenous and people of color, and working parents affinity groups; and company clubs ranging from meditation, yoga sessions, Dungeons & Dragons, basketball, and even a company choir – the company provides a range of opportunities for involvement for employees.
- Talent Development: From a unique in-house training series called “Definitive University,” to LinkedIn learning subscriptions, Definitive Healthcare’s Talent Development team is focused on developing employees and providing them with the tools and resources they need to grow. Further, the company’s fast growth trajectory creates a unique opportunity for employees to explore different career paths and experience upward mobility as new departments and roles are created.
- Open Door Policy: The company has an open-door policy and a culture of inviting new ideas from every level, encouraging feedback and communication through surveys and CEO roundtables.
- Benefits: With 100% employer paid health insurance for individual employees, summer Fridays, remote work flexibility, 401k matching, volunteer time off, and much more – the company offers great benefits for its talent base.
- Community: Even during COVID-19, Definitive Healthcare has been sponsoring virtual new hire mixers, team happy hours, company-wide trivia, board game nights, and club meetings.
“These are challenging days for businesses and their employees,” said Carolyn Jones, Boston Business Journal market president and publisher, “and the companies that appear on this year’s Best Places to Work lists — our 18th year of honoring such companies — are leading the way as the region’s top workplaces.”
Definitive Healthcare is growing rapidly and is seeking talented additions to its award-winning team. For information on current openings at Definitive Healthcare, visit our career page.
About Definitive Healthcare
Definitive Healthcare is the most comprehensive and accurate source for data insights and analytics on the healthcare provider market. Its product suite provides the most comprehensive and highest quality data available anywhere on 8,800 hospitals and IDNs; 135,000 physician groups; 1.7 million physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals; 11,000 ambulatory surgery centers; 15,800 imaging centers; 85,500 long-term care facilities; 40,000 clinics; 1,800 ACOs and HIEs; and 5.7 billion medical commercial claims covering 313 million patient lives. The company’s data provides its 2,500 clients with the analytics and insight needed to effectively segment and research the healthcare provider market. Definitive Healthcare is backed by 22C Capital, Advent International, and Spectrum Equity. For more information, or to trial the service, visit https://www.definitivehc.com/.