A diabetes education center is a facility that offers services and programs with a primary focus on promoting the healthcare needs of individuals with diabetes.
Diabetes education centers are outpatient facilities offering group and one-on-one diabetes education classes for the patient and their family.
Some of the educational material and care provided by a diabetes education center can include:
- exercise and insulin pump therapy
- comprehensive diabetes education classes
- insulin pump classes and initiation
- early treatment and education for those recently diagnosed
- training for continuous glucose monitoring at home
- family involvement and social support
- stress and psychosocial adjustment