Unlike the U.S. healthcare system, Canadian healthcare has been publicly funded since 1984. Every Canadian is covered for essential healthcare services, with the option to pay out-of-pocket or purchase supplemental insurance coverage for dental & vision care. Additionally, the Canadian government negotiates drug prices with pharmaceutical companies on a federal level, reducing medication costs throughout the country.
The differences in the Canadian healthcare model make it difficult for U.S.-based companies and organizations to sell into the foreign market. Currently, Definitive Healthcare's Canadian Hospitals database includes:
- Hospital profiles, including network and sub-network affiliations
- Relationships with Canadian Provincial Hospital Authorities
- Over 7,000 Canadian hospital executives with phone numbers
- Technology implementations and vendors
- Financial metrics and statistics
- Daily updated Canada-specific Request for Proposal opportunities
For an example of the data we provide, visit our blog post on the Top Canadian Hospitals & EHR Vendors
Definitive Healthcare's Canadian hospital database is another part of its diverse product suite, which covers the healthcare provider market across the U.S. & Canada. In addition to hospitals and health systems, our U.S. databases track intelligence on physicians, physician groups, clinics, long-term care facilities, and much more.