An addiction treatment center is a facility dedicated to treating substance use disorders. It may also be referred to as an alcohol or drug rehab center. Different addiction treatment centers offer different levels of care, services, and treatment methods. These may include:
- Outpatient treatment programs
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs)
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs)
- Residential/inpatient services
- Medically managed inpatient treatment
No single treatment approach is effective for all persons with substance use disorders. Commonalities across treatment centers typically include a combination of individual and group counseling, education, and pharmacotherapy.