Occupational health services are services that ensure that employees in any workplace are safe and healthy.
Members of occupational health service teams may include:
- occupational health psychologists
- occupational health technicians
- environmental health nurses
- industrial hygienists
- occupational safety professionals
- occupational medicine physicians, and more.
Occupational health services tend to focus specifically on preventing, treating, and rehabilitating occupational illnesses and injuries. They also emphasize educating employees on how to be safe and stay healthy. By doing this, they aim to ensure the workforce is safe, healthy, and productive.