The Commission on Cancer (CoC) is a consortium of professional organizations focused on bettering cancer patients’ quality of life and survival.
To improve cancer care, the CoC:
- Creates educational interventions
- Establishes standards
- Improves clinical surveillance and cancer control with data
- Collects and analyzes data from healthcare facilities accredited by CoC
- Tracks treatment outcomes and patterns with data
- Conducts compliance surveys
In the U.S. and Puerto Rico, there are over 1,500 CoC-accredited programs.