Skilled Nursing Facilities provide long-term care to our ever aging population. They are instrumental in the delivery of cost-effective, quality care for this segment of the U.S. population.
Definitive Healthcare's Skilled Nursing Facilities database tracks 415 Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) corporations and 17,926 individual Skilled Nursing Facilities. Here is a list of the top 10 largest Skilled Nursing Facility corporations by net patient revenues:
1. Genesis HealthCare - $3,781,431,705
2. Heartland Manor (HCR ManorCare) – $3,182,066,275
3. Life Care Centers of America - $2,170,622,186
4. Golden Living - $1,952,213,173
5. Consulate Healthcare - $1,653,535,951
6. SavaSeniorCare – Atlanta - $1,428,435,726
7. Extendicare - $1,165,430,447
8. Good Samaritan Society - Sioux Falls - $861,954,855
9. Ensign Group - $796,828,228
10. Signature Health Care - $780,068,965
Skilled Nursing Facilities and Nursing homes differ primarily in that SNFs are covered by Medicare (for a period of time), but nursing homes are not.
When comparing the revenue of an individual SNF Facility to the revenue of a corporation, it may be of interest to note that the individual Skilled Nursing Facility with the recorded highest net patient revenue, Beth Abraham Health Services, $258,157,960, while Genesis Healthcare SNF corporation has a net patient revenue of $3,781,431,705.
* Net Patient Revenue = Total Patient Revenue – Patient Discounts